Amateur wasp nest removal ends with scorched roof

Amateur wasp nest removal ends with scorched roof.

A problematic paper wasp nest in the roof of a Nelson home was the cause of a fire.

1522737583525 - Amateur wasp nest removal ends with scorched roof

A Nelson man trying to get rid of a wasp nest in his roof ended up setting fire to his house.

The Nelson Fire Service were called to a house in The Brook about 3pm on Sunday.

Nelson Fire Service senior station officer Gavin Scott said the man had a problem with a paper wasp nest underneath the ridge cap of his roof, near the gutter.

“He didn’t have any fly spray so he used a flammable solvent and ignited it.”

Scott said the man used CRC contact cleaner on the nest, which once ignited set fire to the building paper and part of the roof.

WASP DESTROYER ADVICE – DON’T!

Read more from the source: https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/news/102762430/amateur-wasp-nest-removal-ends-with-scorched-roof

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *